Light Pumpkin SmoothieServes: 2Ingredients
- 1 mini pumpkins (or 1½ cups chopped pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- ½ cup ice (about 4-5 ice cubes)
- 1 pitted medjool date (optional)Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Use a peeler to remove the skin from the pumpkin. Cut it into small blocks and take out all the seeds. Note that the smaller you cut the pieces, the quicker it will cook. Put the pumpkin pieces in an oven tray and bake for 40-50 minutes until the pumpkin is soft. Check often because it may even take longer/shorter.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, add that, along with the vanilla extract, almond milk, grape juice, roasted almonds, pumpkin pie spice, cacao nibs, ice cubes and medjool date into the blender. Blend on high speed until everything is smooth.
- If you like it icy, stick it in the freezer for an hour or two.